Ways My Son Tricks Me Into Doing Sh*t For Him. He's So Sneaky.

Z: "Mama, will you read this book about cats to me?"

Me: "No. We have to get you to Boy Scouts."

Z: "Pleeeeezee???"

Meanwhile, I'm busily unloading the dishwasher, sweeping the floor and setting the timer on the coffee machine....

Me: "NO! We have to go. NOW!"

Z: "PLEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZE???????!!!!! READ ME THIS COOL BOOK ABOUT CATS!!!!?????"

Me: "STOP IT! We have to drive you to Boy Scouts! I don't have time to read a book about about cats!!"

Satisfied that Z finally understands, I bag up the garbage, wipe off the stove and set out the breakfast dishes for tomorrow.....

Silence......

Z: "Ok. Mama?"

Me: "What?"

Z: "What does n-o-c-t-u-r-n-a-l spell?"

Me: "Nocturnal."

Z: "Thanks. What does p-l-a-y-i-n-g spell?"

Me: "Playing."

Z: "Thanks."

More silence......

Z: "What does f-e-l-i-n-e spell?"

Me: "Feli.....WAIT A MINUTE!!! Are you having me read that freaking cat book to you???"

Z: "......."

Me: "You are!! You TOTALLY ARE!!!"

And that's how Z got me to read a book to him without reading a book to him.