My GPS is trying to kill me. That, or get me fired.

For my job, I drive approximately 95% of the time. I usually drive between 50 and 75 miles a day, and it is imperative that I arrive at my destination in a timely manner. It is also imperative that I arrive at my destination alive.

Not unlike my 8-year-old, my GPS has decided that it is smarter than me, and doesn't have to follow rules.

Here is an example of an interaction between me and my GPS.

This happens on a daily basis.

 Monday
GPS: Turn left in approximately 250 feet. Then go left.


Me: But Tomtom, your screen shows that I should go right...."

GPS: Shut up.

Tuesday
GPS: In 30 feet, turn right. Then, in 8 miles, make a U-turn. Drive 8.5 miles, then you have reached your destination.

Me: But Tomtom, why should I drive 8 miles one way and then drive 8.5 miles in the opposite direction? All I need to do is turn left and drive .5 miles, right?

GPS: I feel like seeing some sights.

Wednesday
GPS: In 50 feet, turn left. Then continue for 20 feet.

Me: But Tomtom, that's a one way.

GPS: Shut up! This way is faster! You said you wanted faster, not shorter, right? RIGHT?? Welcome to faster b*tch! Now shut up and DRIVE!!!

Thursday
GPS: In 200 yards, turn left...


Me: *sigh*

GPS: Now, in 15 feet turn left and then.....WAIT!!! I just remembered a shortcut! Quick!! Go right and then make a U-turn!!

Me: But Tomtom!! There's a semi behind me and.....

GPS: DO AS I SAY WOMAN!!!!

*screeching of tires, sound of metal grinding against metal, glass shattering, etc*

Friday
GPS: beepbeepbeep!!!

Me: What???

GPS: You are driving 55mph in a 40mph speedzone. 55/40. Beepbeepbeep!! Slow down!!

Me: Tomtom, you're wrong! I'm looking at the speed limit sign right now and it says 55mph, so shut up!

GPS: BEEPBEEPBEEP! SLOW DOWN!!

Me: SHUT UP!!! I F*CKING HATE YOU!!!!

GPS: Whatever. In 2 feet, turn left.

Me: What??!! That doesn't even make any sense!! Who has reflexes like that? And besides, THAT'S A BIKE PATH!!

GPS: I know a back way. I found it on mapshare. *rollafattie* uploaded it last night.

Me: THAT PERSON WAS PROBABLY HIGH!!! I mean, come on!! Roll a fattie??? They're just uploading crap to mess with people like me!!

GPS: Really? Bwaaahahahahahahahahhaaa!!!!! That's f*cking AWESOME!!!

I hate my GPS.